The World Simmental Simbrah Congress offers opportunities on two primary fronts:
1. International cooperation for the increased effectiveness and efficiency of beef and dairy production.
2. Networking on an international level for the benefit of all parties or regions involved.
The World Simmental Fleckvieh Federation is comprised of members from the following countries: Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Colombia, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, Namibia, New Zealand, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United Kingdom and USA. Each country has one voting delegate for the official business of the Federation.
To promote the use of Simmental and Simbrah genetics in Colombia. This was accomplished by judging the World Simbrah Show in Bogota, Colombia, held in conjunction with the EXPOFINCA 2014 livestock show and visiting with people from around the world.
To attend Expica for Central America representing the American Simmental Association. It is important for the ASA to be represented since Europe is making great in roads into Central America with Simmental genetics and we must maintain our presence.
Will Townsend/Luke Keller
Wade Shafer, Lauren Hyde, Sally Buxkemper
The purposes of this trip were to
1) attend the 10th World Congress of Genetics Applied to Livestock Production (WCGALP),
2) foster relationships with current and potential clients,
3) discuss research opportunities with American and foreign universities, government agencies and private corporations, and
4) promote the cutting edge technological improvements being implemented in the American Simmental Association (ASA)’s genetic evaluation system.